Get A Freelance Visa in Dubai
Who wouldn't like the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world according to their schedule? Being a freelancer gives you the freedom to choose the projects you want to work on, providing you with a better work-life balance. Dubai is a haven for freelancers, offering immense work and networking opportunities. Freelancers in Dubai also enjoy relatively higher pay, making the city a preferred destination for freelancers. However, if you wish to work in Dubai as a freelancer, you need to obtain a freelancer visa. Dubai offers a freelancer visa in numerous free zones for foreign nationals who want to work as independent contractors with any business, government agency, or individual. You need to have a freelance work permit before applying for a Dubai freelance visa. To obtain a freelance permit, you don't need to be sponsored or hired by a company in Dubai.
Documents Needed to Get Dubai Freelance Visa
To acquire a freelance visa in Dubai, you need to submit a few documents. Here are the freelance visa Dubai requirements.
- Updated resume
- Recent photograph
- Copy of the passport and the visa
- Completed application form
- Two professional references (contact details included)
- Academic certificates attested by the UAE Consulate or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Job offer or a letter of intent (must include personal/professional background and work experience)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your sponsor (if required)
Eligibility Criteria to Get a Dubai Freelance Visa
To get a freelance visa in Dubai, you need to meet certain eligibility criteria.
- The minimum educational level required is a bachelor's degree, a specialized diploma or equivalent.
- Obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE).
- Minimum annual income of AED 360,000 for the past two years as a self-employed individual.
Cost of Dubai Freelance Visa
For applying for a freelance visa in Dubai, there are several costs involved.The cost of a Dubai freelance visa Dubai usually varies depending on the permit's validity, and whether you are applying from Dubai or outside.
- Freelance permit (valid for 1 year) renewed annually: AED 7,000
- Establishment card (valid for 1 year) renewed annually: AED 2,000
- An employment visa for 3 years costs AED 2,750
- An employment visa for 5 years costs AED 5,000
- The freelance residence visa is valid for 3 years- AED 3,330 (normal), AED 3,990 (express)
- The total for a Dubai Freelance visa cost can be approximately AED 20,000.
Connect with Kiltons business setup consultants and get a Dubai freelance visa at the best rate.
Advantages of Freelance Visa in Dubai
Being a freelancer means that you can work for any company or project of your choice. You don't necessarily have to adhere to a 9-5 schedule; instead, you can work on your own timetable. As a freelancer, you can be your own boss and manage your work independently.
- Obtaining a freelance visa in Dubai isn't expensive, making it more accessible for freelancers to seize the immense opportunities the city offers.
- With a freelance visa and freelance permit, you can work in any of the free zones, allowing you to operate as an independent contractor for businesses throughout the UAE.
- A Dubai freelance visa also enables you to sponsor your family and bring them to Dubai to live with you.
- As a freelancer in Dubai, you can enjoy a better work-life balance because you have the autonomy to choose the projects you want to undertake and decide how many hours you want to work each day.
What are the benefits of being a freelancer in Dubai?
- You get a UAE residence permit
- No need for a local sponsor
- Bring your spouse or family members to Dubai
- Explore new opportunities for work
- Increase your earnings
- Enjoy work-life balance
- Do not require an office space
- Work according to your schedule
Who Can Get A Dubai Freelance Visa?
A Dubai freelance visa is specifically granted to artists, sports professionals, designers, banking and IT experts, education specialists, and media personnel. Freelance visa holders are permitted to engage in specific activities, including education, marketing, IT, consultancy, event management, editing, copywriting, design, and more in the free zones Dubai Media City, Dubai Knowledge Park, Dubai Airport Free Zone, Dubai Design District, and Dubai Internet City.
Editor: Audio/Video, Director: Theatre, PR Specialist, Cameraman, Musician, Copywriter, Social Media Specialist, Lighting Specialist, Creative Director, Animator, Artist, Journalist, Commentators: Sports, Television, Radio, Photographer, Marketing Specialist, Events Planner, Set and Exhibit Designer, Critics: Theatre, Film, Music, Print Media Specialist, Aerial Shoot Photographer, Music Director, Special Effects Producer, Composer, Wardrobe Stylist, Producer, Brand Consultant, Photojournalist, Commentators: Radio, Events, Sports, Media Planner, Presenter V/Radio, Web Designer, Market Analyst, Furniture Designer, Social Media Influencer, Director: Music, Translator, New Media Specialist, Audio, Writer, Actor, Scriptwriter, Illustrator, Editor: Publishing, Graphic Designer, Web Developer.
Education Advisor, Researcher, eLearning Advisor, Trainer, Executive Coaching.
Data Science and Analytics Freelancer, Architecture Freelancer, Networking Freelancer, Customer Service Freelancer, IT and Telecommunication, Web, Mobile, Software Development.
Fashion Designer, Apparel Designer, Fashion Stylist, Fashion Artist, Image Consultant, Textile Designer, Make-up Artist, Wedding Planner, Costume Designer, Personal Shopper, Concept Designer, Hair Stylist, Interior Designer, Jewellery Designer, Object Designer, Visual Merchandiser.
How to Get a Freelance Visa in Dubai?
Obtaining a freelance visa in Dubai requires you to go through a lengthy process. Here are the steps you need to follow to obtain a freelance visa in Dubai:
Prepare Documents: The first step in applying for a visa is to gather your documents. Preparing your documents ahead of time can help avoid unnecessary delays. Be careful when submitting documents, as incorrect information or documents may result in visa rejection.
Apply for a Freelance Permit: To obtain a freelance license, you need to apply for a Dubai freelance permit. With this permit, you can legally work as a freelancer in Dubai. To obtain the permit, you must submit your application along with the necessary documents. The process typically takes about 5-7 working days, and once approved, you will receive your freelance permit via email.
Apply for an Establishment Card: Once you've received your freelance permit, you can apply for an establishment card. Submit your application online at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai (GDRFA) to obtain your establishment card.
Apply for a Dubai Freelance Visa: After receiving a freelance permit and establishment card, you can now apply for a freelance visa, which enables you to work and live in Dubai as a freelancer. You need to submit all the necessary documents and pay the application fees. Once your freelance visa is issued, you can also bring your family members to Dubai.
Types of Freelance Visa in Dubai
For freelancers, there are different types of visas available in Dubai.
Freelance Visa for Dubai Residents
Some individuals who are already residents in Dubai may require a freelance work permit due to their spouse's visa or parent's visa. Such individuals can apply for a freelance permit even if they have a full-time job. In these cases, the applicant must obtain a No Objection Certificate from their employer or sponsor.
Freelance Visa for Non-Residents
Individuals outside of the UAE who apply for a freelance visa are also eligible for a residency permit. This permit allows them to live and work in Dubai as self-employed persons.
Dubai Talent Pass
To attract global talent, Dubai issues a freelance visa called the Talent Pass. This scheme is introduced by the Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ) with the aim of boosting the freelance workforce in the UAE, especially in the creative sector, which includes arts, media, culture, marketing, consultancy, technology, and education. Freelancers who hold a Talent Pass can obtain a 3-year resident visa and a license. Individuals with a Talent Pass do not have to rent an office space, while license holders can choose to work in an office space in the DAFZ.
- How to Apply for a Talent Pass?
Those who wish to apply for a Talent Pass must visit the official website of DAFZ to submit the application.
- What Is the Cost of a Talent Pass?
You need to pay AED 9,500 to obtain a Talent Pass, and this can be renewed annually. The renewal fee could vary depending on the applicant's profile and the category of the visa they have applied for.
- Documents Required for a Talent Pass
These are the documents you need to submit to obtain a Talent Pass in Dubai:
- Passport copy
- Current visa copy
- Academic qualifications/portfolio/reference letters
- Proof of previous experience in the field
- Updated CV
- Service list and fees
After your application is approved, the permit should be issued within 10 to 15 working days
How Kiltons can help you get a Dubai freelance visa?
If you want to work in Dubai as a freelancer and explore unlimited work opportunities, then get in touch with Kiltons to obtain a freelance visa in Dubai. Our expert team of visa consultants can assist you in obtaining a freelance visa effortlessly. We offer our expertise and assistance at every step of the process to ensure that you obtain your visa without any difficulty. With several years of experience, we have helped many individuals obtain a freelance visa to work and live in Dubai. To experience a seamless visa acquisition process, seek professional visa services from Kiltons.