Types of activities that can be done with an Industrial License in Dubai
- Magnetic technology equipment trading
- Metal products coating
- Multi-dimensional image production (hologram)
- Pharmaceuticals packaging
- Saddle & animal, bird training requisites making
- Safety harness fabrication
- Textile manufacturing
- Adhesive & paper slitting
- Books binding
- Casting of metals
- Cards & envelopes printing
- Food & beverage manufacturing
- Helicopter repair & maintenance
- Lathe workshop
Benefits of Obtaining an Industrial License
- Authenticity and genuineness are provided by the industrial license. Obtaining an industrial license is a simple process that will take time to complete. Additionally, it will convey to the clients that Dubai's government authorities have already examined and reviewed the company's records. It serves as evidence that the company is authorized to operate in Dubai.
- Access to government contracts: Only those who already possess an industrial license are eligible to participate in government projects and contracts. Therefore, having an industrial license is ideal in order to start growing and expanding your business.
- Enhanced Credibility: A license that has been approved by the authorities is the only thing that can truly value your authenticity and sincerity. An industrial license is a guarantee that the license holder will provide reliable services. The company's reputation is established in the eyes of both current and potential customers.
- Possibility of sponsoring workers: Only owners of legitimate industrial licenses will be permitted to sponsor workers for visas. The license and the office space will directly affect how many visas the company is permitted to issue.
- Access to locations: The mainland and free zones in the United Arab Emirates and Dubai are the two options available for business establishments. Especially in some free zones like Dubai Media City and Dubai Silicon Oasis, industrialists who establish a business must have a license in order to operate there.
- Tax and legal benefits: Industrial businesses must possess an industrial license in order to qualify for the various tax breaks and rebates. Additionally, the legality increases the business setup's visibility significantly.
- Acts as market entrant: Industrial licenses come with a lot of perks and help the business enter the market without any issues. More and more prospective investors in the industrial sector can be part of the growing economy of Dubai.
- Networking Possibilities: Having an industrial license will make it easier for the company to establish connections with complementary businesses that will aid in its expansion.
Requirements for an Industrial License in Dubai
The UAE government has promulgated a convenient and hassle-free industrial business setup procedure. These lenient regulations are helpful to ex-pat entrepreneurs to start an industrial venture, as well as, business anywhere in the country. At the same time, it is of exceptional support to hire a trusted business setup service like Kiltons. The expert professionals will aid in establishing the industry and kick-starting the activities quickly.
For starting an industry in Dubai, the investor should submit a report detailing the operations planned, the reason for choosing the specific sector, the plans ahead, etc. The proposal should contain the specifications regarding the type of equipment and tools that would be used, the expected production cost of the items and the technical data regarding the facilities being integrated.
All the info about the financial status of the company, fund availability, and financing taken from third parties should be elaborated in the business report. The authority would ascertain the company’s economic standard and possible prospects from the data shared. The approval for setting up the industry in the proposed location would be based on the business report only. The owner can go ahead with the procedure for the industrial license in Dubai subsequently.
Documents Required for Industrial License in Dubai
The Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) is the authority for issuing industrial licenses in Dubai Mainland. The following documents are required to be submitted along with the industrial license application in Dubai:
- Business report elaborating the operations planned, equipment to be used, facilities related to the industrial project, the number of employees etc.
- Copy of Emirates ID or copy of passport of the owner and shareholders
- Passport-size photographs of owner and shareholders
- Company formation documents
- Location plan with the specifications of the industrial unit planned, with all the units marked clearly
You may get in touch with us if you need specialized support for an industrial license in UAE.
Why an Industrial License Required in Dubai
Any industry in Dubai, UAE mandates an industrial license. Companies or firms are not supposed to establish production, manufacturing or any other industrial activity without the subject license. By registering the business with the DET and obtaining an industrial license, the firm is included in the books. Thus, it can get all the help and support from all the authorities and departments concerned.
The reasons that make it of paramount importance to get an industrial license in Dubai include:
- The industrial license will ensure that your business is included in the books of the official authority. That would aid in getting additional support whenever required.
- An industry operating without a proper license is liable to legal actions and the owner (s) may face severe punishments.
- In case of any unfortunate incident, the actions from the authority will not be severe if the industry is a licensed one following all the stated procedures.
- A licensed industry can explore all the potential markets in the UAE and explore export and import options as required.
Dos and Don’ts for Industries in UAE
The companies operating in the UAE need to abide by the regulations and comply with the safety rules. Not pursuing the laid down rules can lead to the cancellation of the industrial license in UAE or such other punitive measures.
o Construction of the manufacturing plant must commence within six months of obtaining approval from the DET.
o The approval to start operations can be gained subsequent to the construction of the production center and commissioning of the facilities.
o Industrial operations mentioned in the license only be undertaken.
o Apply for inclusion of the industry in the industrial register.
o Observe all the safety precautions all the time.
o Maintain a record of employees working in the industry all the time.
o Appointment of new Director (s) must be intimated to the DET through the proper channel.
o Do not undertake any industrial activity that is not approved by the DET.
o Avoid hiring unqualified workers or technical personnel.
o Do not hide accidents or incidents that occur in the industrial unit from the authority.
o Using raw materials and items for uses other than specified is not allowed.
o Hiring fewer employees than required will lead to actions from the authorities. Make sure that you have enough workers for the intended industrial process.
o Not to be involved in any industrial activity that might harm the workers or may lead to accidents.
An industrial license in Dubai is issued for companies to be involved in operations in the safest manner legally. You can expect remarkable growth by establishing your industry in Dubai and implementing the right marketing and production measures.
Steps to Obtaining an Industrial License in Dubai
Here's the step-by-step procedure for obtaining an industrial license in Dubai:
- Getting assistance from a good business setup consultant in Dubai. This collaboration will help you make the process of obtaining an industrial license in Dubai easier. Taking the service of a business setup consultant in Dubai like Kiltons, it will help you be more focused in getting your business in order while Kiltons will take care of the rest.
- Creating a business plan is indeed important as the business plan will help decide and this plan needs to be submitted for obtaining the industrial license as well. The business plan will include the industrial activity that you are planning to take up, the marketing strategy and so on.
- Administrative proposals have to be obtained if you are planning a manufacturing industry and you have to see the factory requirements and the location for the factory as well.
- The next step is to submit the application for the industrial license in Dubai. If you want to take the location of your business in the mainland of Dubai, then you need to take up the application to the Department of Economic Development. If you are planning to set your business in the free zones, then you need to submit the application to relevant authorities of the freezone. Kiltons will help you in choosing the right location for your business setup.
- You will also require to get additional approvals from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Industrial Register, and The Ministry of Health.
- Visas also need to be applied right along with the application for the industrial license in Dubai. It is a necessity to have a visa to comply with the business operations in Dubai.
Industrial license cost in Dubai
When it comes to determining the costs of obtaining an industrial license in Dubai, location is crucial. Mainland and free zones have different expenses for starting an industrial business. On average, the cost of getting an industrial license will be somewhere around AED 25,000. Free zones can give you much better packages and tax rebates, so make sure to ask your consultant about the perks of starting a business in a free zone.
Setting up an industrial business in Dubai is one of the most lucrative opportunities to come by. The explicit growth that Dubai showcases makes it a fresh ground to start with industrial businesses. The rules and regulations are fairly simple but strictly carried out by authorities, which makes it a safe ground to do business away from all other fraudulent practices.
Avail the services of established business setup consultants like Kiltons, who can help you go over the entire procedure hassle-free. All our experts are trained to match the regular updates and requirements in the industry.
Kiltons – Your Reliable Business Setup Services in Dubai
We have been the most trusted business setup services in Dubai, UAE for about two and a half decades. Established in 1999, we have been rendering comprehensive services committedly. We are fortunate to be the right support behind many industrialists across the country.
The factors that make us your ideal support include:
- Transparent dealings
- Experienced professionals offering exclusive services
- Affordable business setup services
- End-to-end support for setting up the industry and commencing business operations
- Dedicated team delivering assistance throughout
- Close contact with the higher echelons of the authority, which helps us in obtaining proper assistance for our clients
- Exhaustive knowledge regarding company formation
If you are looking for an industrial license in Dubai or any other assistance for company formation in UAE, call us right away. We would be happy to render you all the assistance, guidance, and support.
Dial us now.